On Thursday, November 9th, 2017, AELA and the UTS Anthropocene Project hosted an ‘Exploring the Legal Status of Nature’ workshop at the University of Technology, Sydney.
See below for audio from the Sydney ELSN presentations:
- Dr Michelle Maloney, Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA), "Developments around the world in the Rights of Nature"
- Click here for Dr Maloney's presentation audio
- Dr Virginia Marshall, Indigenous lawyer and author of 'Overturning Aqua Nullius: Securing Aboriginal Water Rights'
- Click here for Dr Marshall's presentation audio
- Dr Meg Good, Voiceless, "The Legal Status of Animals in Australia"
- Click here for Dr Good's presentation audio.
- Chief Judge, The Hon. Justice Brian Preston SC, NSW Land and Environment Court - "The Legal Status of Nature in Australia"