On 28th August 2015, AELA kicked off our national workshop and publication series with our “Let’s Talk About Consumption” workshop in Brisbane. More than 100 people attended the workshop, which featured talks by world renowned scientists Professor Will Steffen, Professor Brendan Mackey and other great speakers.
For a copy of the flyer and program for this event, please click here.
For a copy of the powerpoint presentations and audio recordings from the workshop, please scroll down and click on the links below.
PRESENTATIONS FROM THE BRISBANE WORKSHOP
- Dr Michelle Maloney – “Framing the conversation – let’s talk about consumption”
- Professor Will Steffen – “The Earth System, The Great Acceleration and Planetary Boundaries”
- Professor Brendan Mackey – “Making room for Nature in the Anthropocene: How much does Nature need and what are the implications for human consumption?”
- Dr Sam Alexander – “Challenging Growth Economics: Degrowth and Voluntary Simplicity”
- For a recording of his presentation, please click here
- Dr Amanda Cahill – “Building a new economy: community responses”
- For a copy of the notes from the discussion groups at the workshop, please click here.