See Past Events
For a list of all our past events, including zoom recordings, audio recordings and PowerPoint presentations, please visit our Past Events page.
Stay up to date!
Using Zoom for our Online Events:
For a copy of AELA's introductory guide to using zoom, please click here
** Visit AELA's Facebook page for further details about all our events
AELA Webinar Series - Exploring Earth Laws
- 17 March - 6pm-7.30pm AEST - Earth Systems Law and the Earth Condominium Concept
- 14 April - 6pm-7.30pm AEST - Making ecocide a crime: international update with Jojo Mehta, Stop Ecocide International.
- 11 May - 1pm-2.15pm AEST - An Introduction to Indigenous First Laws with Dr Anne Poelina, Martuwarra River Council (Kimberley Region, WA).
- 1 June - 1pm - 2.00pm AEST - Exploring River Rights, with Dr Erin O'Donnell.
- 14 June - 12pm - 2.00pm AEST - Caring for Country, Caring for Each Other: Celebrating World Localisation Day in Australia
- 1 July - 1pm - 2.00pm AEST - Climate Conscious Lawyering, with Justice Preston, Chief Justice of the NSW Land and Environment Court. Click here to book your free ticket.
- Details about our monthly webinars from August to December will be available soon
AELA Online Workshops "Introduction to Rights of Nature and Earth Laws" held one Saturday each month, from 11am to 1pm AEST
- Visit our Humanitix booking page, for all the details about how to book into one of our repeat workshops:
- Sat 19 June
- Sat 17 July
- Sat 14 August
- Sat 16 October
AELA/Future Dreaming online workshops 'Caring for Country, Caring for Kin' - April to November 2021
- AELA and Future Dreaming are hosting a range of fantastic online events in 2021 that explore Indigenous and non-indigenous ecological knowledge, please visit Future Dreaming's webpage here
- Our next workshops will be held on:
Australian Peoples' Tribunal (APT) for Community and Nature's Rights
- 21-24 June 2021 - APT Hearing: Citizens Inquiry into the 2019/2020 Bushfires - Did the Australian governments' failure to Care for Country lead to Ecocide?
- For all the details please visit our Tribunal webpage
Greenprints: Regenerative Systems, Bioregional Governance and Earth Democracy
- Greenprints and Regen Brisbane - 2 Day Symposium in Brisbane on 29 and 30 July 2021
- details coming soon