For a list of all our past events, including copies of PowerPoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events page.
- March 16 – Public Seminar, Blue Mountains, NSW: "Earth Laws and Rights of Nature". See more information or download the event flyer.
- May 19-20 – RenewFest, Mullumbimby, NSW. AELA is hosting the Biodiversity stream at this fantastic festival. Visit the Renew Fest website.
- June 15-18 – Earth Arts Creatives Retreat, Chenrezig Buddhist Institute, Sunshine Coast Queensland. More information visit our AELA Earth Arts website.
- July 14-15 – North Queensland New Economy Symposium, Magnetic Island - details are available on the NENA website.
- August 25 – Wild Law Seminar - Cooroora Institute, Sunshine Coast – This lively one day interactive workshop gives participants the opportunity to explore developments in wild laws and earth jurisprudence in Australia, and around thew world, with Dr Michelle Maloney.
- October 19-21 – Annual Conference, New Economy Network Australia, Melbourne.
- October 23-28 – RONA18 National Exhibition - Spring Hill Reservoir, Brisbane - The Rights of Nature Australia (RONA) 2018 National Exhibition is designed to promote cultural engagement with the emerging, global, Rights of Nature movement, and to celebrate the Rights of Nature Australia Peoples Tribunal, to be held on October 27th (see below for details).
- October 23 - Evening Event: Public Lecture, Museum of Brisbane "When Rivers and Forests Have Legal Rights"
- October 24 - Evening Event: ELGA Launch and Welcome Reception for International Symposium
- October 25-26 – International Symposium, “Exploring our legal relationship with the living world: Caring for Country, Rights of Nature and Legal Personhood”, Brisbane. Please visit our Symposium webpage for more information.
October 25 - Evening Event: Conference Dinner for International Symposium
- October 27 – Rights of Nature Australia Peoples’ Tribunal, Brisbane. AELA is hosting a 1 day Peoples Tribunal on the Rights of Nature, which will focus on food systems in Australia, and the impacts of large scale agricultural practices on the environment.
- 26 to 30 November 2018– One week intensive course, Griffith University Law School: "Wild Law: The Theory and Practice of Earth Jurisprudence". More details will be available soon.
- November 29-30th – "Inspiring Earth Ethics" Conference, co-hosted with the Australian Catholic University, Melbourne. More details will be available soon.