See Past Events
For a list of all our past events, including zoom recordings, audio recordings and PowerPoint presentations, please visit our Past Events page.
Stay up to date!
Using Zoom for our Online Events:
For a copy of AELA's introductory guide to using zoom, please click here
** Visit AELA's Facebook page for further details about all our events
AELA Webinar Series - Exploring Earth Laws
- 17 March - 6pm-7.30pm AEST - Earth Systems Law and the Earth Condominium Concept
- 14 April - 6pm-7.30pm AEST - Making ecocide a crime: international update with Jojo Mehta, Stop Ecocide International.
- 11 May - 1pm-2.15pm AEST - An Introduction to Indigenous First Laws with Dr Anne Poelina, Martuwarra River Council (Kimberley Region, WA). ** not recorded **
- 1 June - 1pm - 2.00pm AEST - Exploring River Rights, with Dr Erin O'Donnell.
- 14 June - 12pm - 2.00pm AEST - Caring for Country, Caring for Each Other: Celebrating World Localisation Day in Australia
- 1 July - 1pm - 2.00pm AEST - Climate Conscious Lawyering, with Justice Preston, Chief Justice of the NSW Land and Environment Court. Recording available soon
- September - Youth Climate Litigation and the Importance of the Sharma Case - featuring Dr Nicole Rogers, Southern Cross University (details available soon
- October - Creating Ecocide Laws in Australia - A roundtable with the Ecocide Laws Australia working group - featuring Dr Michelle Maloney, Dr Gwynn MacCarrick, Dr Rob White, Christina Meyers and other speakers
- November - Rights of Nature in the Blue Mountains - an update (details available soon)
- December - Greenprints & the Australian Network for Ecocentric Communities (ANEC) - a roundtable with community leaders (details available soon)
AELA Online Workshops "Introduction to Rights of Nature and Earth Laws" held one Saturday each month, from 11am to 1pm AEST
- Visit our Humanitix booking page, for all the details about how to book into one of our repeat workshops:
- Sat 19 June
- Sat 17 July
- Sat 14 August
- Sat 16 October
AELA/Future Dreaming online workshops 'Caring for Country, Caring for Kin' - April to October 2021
- AELA and Future Dreaming are hosting a range of fantastic online events in 2021 that explore Indigenous and non-indigenous ecological knowledge, please visit Future Dreaming's webpage here
- Our next workshops will be held on:
Australian Peoples' Tribunal (APT) for Community and Nature's Rights
- 21-24 June 2021 - Opening sessions: APT Hearing: Citizens Inquiry into the 2019/2020 Bushfires - Did the Australian governments' failure to Care for Country lead to Ecocide?
- For all the details please visit our Tribunal webpage
Greenprints: Regenerative Systems, Bioregional Governance and Earth Democracy
- Greenprints and Regen Brisbane - 2 Day Symposium in Brisbane on 29 and 30 July 2021
- Webinar about Greenprints and the Australian Network for Ecocentric Communities (see our webinar details above)
- Visit the Greenprints website
NENA's 2021 Annual Conference - "Building a Wellbeing Economy for Australia" - New Economy Network Australia (NENA) Annual Conference, Brisbane - supported by AELA and other partners
- Friday 5th to Sunday 7th November, 2021
- Hybrid Conference - in person (QUT Kelvin Grove, Brisbane) and online
- For more information - visit NENA's website here and sign up to NENA's email list for updates