Support the work of the
Australian Earth Laws Alliance!
Donate via our GiveNow campaign
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible
Why donate to AELA?
What if we could transform our society, so that healthy ecosystems and thriving biodiversity were at the centre of our community values and decision making, and were the bedrock of our legal, economic and political system?
Every day AELA works tirelessly to challenge the current destruction of the natural world, promote understanding about the systemic causes of environmental destruction and build a new model of Earth centred law, governance and ethics in Australia.
And did you know, we're run entirely by volunteers?
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As an unfunded organisation, AELA needs your help to continue our work.
Over the past five years, we’ve grown from a group of environmental lawyers keen to promote the ideas of Earth centred law, into a team of more than 20 multi-disciplinary professional and student volunteers.
AELA is proud to have created:
- Australia’s only citizen-created forum for ecological justice – the Australian Peoples' Tribunal (APT) for Community and Nature's Rights
- The Australian Earth Laws Centre, which is helping communities around Australia understand innovative new legal approaches to protecting the living world, including: Ecocide, Rights of Nature, Legal Personhood for Nature, Ecological Law, First Laws and much more.
- Australia’s first New Economy/Wellbeing Economy coalition – the New Economy Network Australia – which involves thousands of people and hundreds of organisations working to build a new societal framework, so that ecological health and social justice are the foundations of the economy
- The Australian Network for Community Eco-Governance, which is building a movement of people creating community driven, local/place based, Earth centred governance in Australia
- Education programs teaching law students and law professionals about the flaws and biases in the legal system that directly contribute to the destruction of nature, and what we can do to change the legal system
- Education workshops for high school students and high school teachers about how to build Earth centred governance at all levels in our communities
- A world-first alternative model for bioregional, Earth centred governance called ‘Greenprints’, which is being developed in several pilot communities in Australia,. Greenprints is bringing ecological, social and wellbeing economics and governance together in a handy "citizen governance" tool that will help us all understand and transform our governance system
- Cross-cultural teams of Indigenous and non-Indigenous lawyers and experts, as part of Future Dreaming Australia who work together to explore how we can build Earth centred governance in Australia, in a culturally appropriate way, respecting the existing laws of First Peoples in Australia
- A community of people promoting Earth centred ethics in professional and everyday life
- AELA's Earth Arts Program - a network of artists and creatives, including the Earth Arts Collective, promoting the importance of creativity in nurturing Earth centred governance and promoting the work of AELA
As an unfunded organisation, AELA's work wouldn't be possible without financial support from our amazing supporters - like you!
Your valued donation can ensure AELA can continue advocating for ecological justice and the meaningful reform. We thank you sincerely for your support.
Further information about AELA’s work can be found on our website: www.earthlaws.org.au
How will the funds be used
Your donation will directly support the work of the great people who deliver AELA’s programs. Your donation will pay for project costs, travel costs and day-to-day management of the organisation.