Everyone is invited to join us for a free morning seminar in Adelaide, exploring Earth laws and Earth governance.
For a copy of the flyer and program for the Workshop, click here.
To book your place, please go to: http://trybooking.com/FZMQ
EVENT AND VENUE DETAILS
Free half day seminar, Adelaide - Friday 17 October 2014, 8.30am to 12pm
Flinders Building, 1st Floor, 182 Victoria Square, Adelaide
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- Earth laws, rights of nature and community law making: global trends - Michelle Maloney, National Convenor, Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA)
- Social movements and transitioning to a sustainable future - Dr Peter Burdon, Lecturer, Adelaide University
- Challenges for environmental law in South Australia - Melissa Ballantyne, Principal Solicitor, EDO South Australia
- Living in the Creation - Georgina Williams, Senior Kaurna Woman
- Post-graduate research in Earth Laws (University of Adelaide)
- Creating a new duty of care - Kim Pedler
- The disconnect between law and science - Claire Williams
- Speciesism and the law - Katherine Russell