Join us for the Australian Launch
of the Ecological Law and Governance Association (ELGA)
Wednesday evening 24th October, 6pm or a 6.15pm start
Spring Hill Reservoirs, Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, Brisbane
Please join us for an evening of drinks, canapes and fascinating talks about emerging trends in environmental law and governance. For more information about ELGA, and to read the Oslo Manifesto, please visit the ELGA website.
- The Hon. Justice Brian Preston - Chief Judge of the NSW Land and Environment Court
- Professor Klaus Bosselmann - University of Auckland, Chair of the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL) Ethics Specialist Group, Co-founder of the Ecological Law and Governance Association (ELGA)
- Ms Katy Gwiazdon - Executive Director, Center for Environmental Ethics and Law, USA and Co-founder of ELGA
- MC – Dr Michelle Maloney, National Convenor, Australian Earth Laws Alliance
- Cost is $20
- Bookings – www.trybooking.com.au/URZQ
- Facebook event page for updates - https://www.facebook.com/events/1125681864274707/
- This event is also the welcome reception for AELA’s International Symposium: “Exploring our legal relationship with the living world: caring for country, rights of nature and legal personhood for nature”, being held 25-26 October.
- Please visit the International Symposium page, for the program and how to book
- Please see the RONA18 Program for all the events being hosted in AELA's "Rights of Nature Week", in late October
We hope you can join us at the ELGA Launch!