AELA is pleased to invite you to join us and our partners, as we explore and celebrate the living world, in our biennial Rights of Nature Week, from 12-18 October 2020:-
October 12 - 4.30pm AEST - ONLINE - Deep Listening in the Natural World - an experience hosted by the Faith Ecology Network, featuring one of Australia's leading wildlife sound recording experts, Andrew Skeoch - more details and book here
October 13 - 6pm AEST- ONLINE - Public lecture - Dr Michelle Maloney (AELA) and Mary Graham (Future Dreaming, UQ, Blackcard) - "Rights of Nature, Earth jurisprudence and Caring for Country - an Australian approach to Earth Laws". Book your ticket here
October 14 - 6pm AEST - IN PERSON (BRISBANE) AND ONLINE - Opening Night - Voices of Nature Arts Exhibition, West End Brisbane and via zoom - Book your ticket here
October 15 - 6pm - ONLINE - Public lecture - "Why we need laws recognising the crime of ecocide" (details to be confirmed
October 14 -16 - ONLINE - 3-Day International Earth Laws Conference - "Earth Laws Asia Pacific: Earth, Sea, Fire, Spirit." Please visit our Conference Webpage, for our list of amazing guest speakers. To register, book here.
October 14-18 - Voices of Nature Arts Exhibition, "Vacant Assembly", Brisbane - read more
** NEW DATE TO BE CONFIRMED** Australian Peoples' Tribunal for Community and Nature's Rights.
Citizen's Inquiry into the 2019-2020 Australian Bushfires: Did the failure to Care or Country, contribute to Ecocide and the violation of the Rights of Nature?
VOICES OF NATURE 2020 - AELA'S ARTS PROGRAM TO CELEBRATE RIGHTS OF NATURE WEEK 2020
'Voices of Nature 2020’ is the Australian Earth Laws Alliance arts program for 2020. It brings together acoustic ecology and visual arts communities, to celebrate the Rights of Nature, and encourage the exploration of the concepts of voice, standing, representation, and agency of the natural world within human governance systems.
The arts program includes a Public Lecture & Workshop Series, the Brisbane-based National Exhibition and our fantastic Virtual Gallery. Other events include: AELA’s International Earth Laws Conference – “Earth Laws Asia Pacific: Earth, Sea, Fire, Spirit” (October 14 -16, see www.earthlaws.org.au) and the Australian Peoples’ Tribunal for Community and Nature’s Rights, (October 17, see www.tribunal.org.au) .
Join us for these fascinating and provocative online lectures and workshops
- 10 September @ 12noon AEST - Exploring the Voices of Nature - Leah Barclay, Marian Drew, Michelle Maloney, James Lee
- 12 September – Nature Writing Workshop with Vivienne Glance
- 15 September – Listening to Nature – a webinar with Andrew Skeoch and Michelle Maloney
- 1 October – Poetry as the Conservation of the Wild - Mark Tredennick and Brian Walters
- 12 October - 4.30pm AEST - ONLINE - Deep Listening in the Natural World - an experience hosted by the Faith Ecology Network, featuring one of Australia's leading wildlife sound recording experts, Andrew Skeoch - more details and book here
- 14 October - 6pm AEST - IN PERSON (BRISBANE) AND ONLINE - Opening Night - Voices of Nature Arts Exhibition, West End Brisbane and via zoom - Book your ticket here
** If you miss any of our public lectures or workshop, please visit the Earth Arts website for recordings**
The Rights of Nature movement is grounded in the recognition that humanity is just one member of the wider Earth community, and that we have evolved with, and are dependent upon, a healthy, interconnected web of life on Earth. Rights of Nature laws and new governance systems are emerging around the world. For more information about the Rights of Nature, visit the Australian Centre for the Rights of Nature - an initiative of AELA.