- 4 July - “Supporting Earth friendly organisations – 1 Day Law and Governance Clinic”, Brisbane.
AELA is pleased to be hosting a 1 day law and governance clinic for Earth friendly community organisations, with a focus on building the sharing economy. Please click here for more information.
** PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF VENUE FOR OUR 4TH JULY WORKSHOP – VENUE IS NOW GRIFFITH ECOCENTRE, GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY, NATHAN CAMPUS ** Visit this webpage for information about how to find the EcoCentre: http://www.griffith.edu.au/environment-planning-architecture/ecocentre/about-us
- 7-11 July – Exploring community and nature’s rights – Workshops and meetings, Western Australia.
AELA’s National Convenor, Michelle Maloney, is working with AELA WA and the WA Forests Alliance, to facilitate workshops and meetings in Perth, Margaret River and Jarrahdale. These discussions will explore how we can use community and nature’s rights legal frameworks in community campaigns. Please click here for more information.
- 25 July - Exploring Ecospirituality – 1 Day Workshop Brisbane – please click here for more information.
This workshop is part of a series of lectures and workshops currently being organised around Australia. More details will soon be available about events in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth.
- Exploring Ecospirituality – events are currently being organised for Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. More details soon.
- 12 September – Half day symposium, Sydney – “New trends in environmental law and governance” – Keynote Speaker: Judge Preston, Chief Justice of the Land and Environment Court. More details will be available soon.
- 19-21 September – AELA will be co-hosting a mock trial, and hosting a session on Earth laws, as part of the Community Climate Summit, Brisbane. More details soon.
- 26-28 September – Siteworks 2014, Bundanon, NSW - AELA is working with artists DeQuincey & Co and the Bundanon Trust, to participate in this year’s “Siteworks”. AELA and DeQuincey & Co will host a multi-disciplinary conversation that will include experts from the scientific and legal professions alongside artists, Aboriginal custodians and others, to discuss the ways we might shape the protection of the planet and the health of our biodiversity into the future. Initial information can be found on this website – http://www.bundanon.com.au/siteworks2014 . More details will be available soon.
- Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature – “Days of Action”. The Global Alliance will be hosting internationally coordinated events around the world, to celebrate Earth Rights. AELA will be holding a number of events in Australia – more details soon.
- NEW! Wild Law Judgment Project – 1 Day Workshop. Please click here for more information.
- 4th and 5th December – AELA will be co-hosting a Fair Food public lecture in Brisbane, and participating in a Fair Food Law Symposium. More details soon.