For a list of all our past events, including copies of powerpoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events webpage by clicking here
EVENTS IN 2015
- Friday 19th June, Sydney – Earth Arts Meet Up – Evening social drinks and discussion. 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Cornerstone Café, Carriageworks, 245 Wilson Street (cnr Codrington St), Eveleigh NSW 2015
- Tuesday 23 June, Brisbane – Evening seminar – “Nurturing a Spiritual Approach to Climate Change”. This is seminar is part of our ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. In Brisbane, this series is being co-hosted with the Griffith University Centre for Interfaith & Cross Cultural Dialogue, Wise Earth Education and Earthlink. Please click here for the flyer, which includes a link to book your place.
- Friday 26th June, 2015 , Brisbane – AELA’s 2nd Annual “Law and Governance Clinic for Earth Friendly Organisations”. A one day interactive workshop, which will include time for interested community organisations and social enterprises to connect with legal, governance and other support services in Brisbane and South East Queensland. For more information, please click here for the flyer, which includes a link to book your place.
- Thursday 23rd July, Sydney – Sharing Economy Workshop. This FREE half day workshop will be held at the Brown Street Community Hall, Newtown, Sydney from 1pm to 5pm. Please click here for a copy of the flyer and click here to book your place.
- Friday 24th July, Sydney – Sharing Law Roundtable. This FREE half day event will be held at Room 203, UNSW Law School, Sydney, from 9.00am to 12.30pm. Please click here for a copy of the flyer and click here to book your place.
- Tuesday 11 August, Brisbane – “Earth Arts Meet Up”. Evening social drinks and discussion. 6pm – 8pm, Byblos, Hamilton Wharf, Portside Dendy, Brisbane, Qld
- Monday 17th August, Melbourne – “Earth Arts Meet-Up”. Evening social drinks and discussion More details soon. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 18th August, Melbourne – “Exploring Ecospirituality” – Evening Seminar. This event is being co-hosted by Earth Song, The Centre for Theology and Ministry and other partners in Melbourne. More details will be available soon.
- Friday 28 August, Brisbane – 1 Day Workshop – “Let’s Talk About Consumption”
This is our first workshop in a national series of discussions and publications about how to live within our Ecological Limits. We’ll be joined by Professor Will Steffan from Australia’s Climate Council and Professor Brendan Mackey from the Griffith Climate Change Response Program, as well as many other great speakers and participants. A detailed program will soon be available – please click here to book your place at this FREE event.Plans are also underway for workshops in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and other locations during late 2015 and 2016. For more information, please click here or email email@example.com
- Thursday 10th September, Adelaide – AELA is hosting a multi-disciplinary workshop at the Sustainable Engineers Conference called “The role of engineers in creating regulations for a sustainable future”. For more information about the SENG Conference, please click here and for more information about AELA’s workshop at the Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 11 September, Adelaide- 1 Day Workshop – “Let’s Talk About Consumption”
This is our second workshop in a national series of discussions and publications about how to live within our Ecological Limits. A detailed program will soon be available – please click here to book your place at this FREE event.
- 13-15 November, AELA’s “Worker’s Retreat” – Sunshine Coast, Queensland. From Friday 13 to Sunday 15th November, AELA is hosting a retreat for our fabulous volunteers. The retreat will be a lovely opportunity to catch up with other AELA members, get an update on national projects and work together to map out strategies for future activities. For more information, please email: email@example.com
- 14 November, AELA’s Annual General Meeting, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. All AELA members and friends are invited to attend AELA’s AGM, from 12.30pm to 1.30pm, Saturday 14th November. Venue and other details will be available soon. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENTS IN 2016
- Plans are underway for AELA’s next major conference, scheduled for late 2016. For information about our previous conferences, please click here.
- AELA is also planning a study tour to New Zealand in 2016, to connect with Earth lawyers and learn about the innovative legal structures that are now in place for the Whanganui River, Urewera Forest and Waitangi River. More details soon.