For full details about these events, please click on the date and title for any of the events below
For a full list of all our past events, including copies of powerpoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events webpage by clicking here
- 26-28 September – Siteworks 2014, Bundanon, NSW - AELA is working with artists DeQuincey & Co and the Bundanon Trust, to participate in this year’s “Siteworks”. AELA’s Convenor, Michelle Maloney, will be participating in public talks on Saturday 27 September at the Siteworks event. This year Siteworks brings together artists, scientists, lawyers and others to explore what Earth-centredness means. So come to Bundanon for the weekend and enjoy an Earth-centred ‘Siteworks’.
- 10 October, Brisbane- Building the Sharing Economy Workshop and Sharing Law Roundtable - AELA is hosting two half day workshops at Southbank, and everyone is invited
- 11 October – Brisbane – AELA’s Annual General Meeting- Everyone’s invited to join AELA’s AGM from 3pm to 4.30pm, 11 October in Brisbane. The venue is the Central Meeting Room, Ground Floor, BCC Library, 266 George Street. Agenda details will be available soon.
- 15 October – Brisbane – Rights of Nature Tribunal – Is the Great Barrier Reef a victim of Ecocide? AELA is hosting Australia’s first Rights of Nature Tribunal in Brisbane. This Tribunal is a Regional Chamber of the International Ethics Tribunal for the Rights of Nature. This event is part of the International ‘Earth Rights Days of Action’.
- 17 October, Adelaide – Earth laws and governance workshop – AELA is co-hosting a morning workshop exploring Earth laws, rights of nature and indigenous Earth governance. Speakers include representatives from AELA, EDO SA, local indigenous custodians and the University of Adelaide.
- 23 October, Byron Bay, NSW – Earth laws and regional community environmentalism– AELA, EDO NSW and Southern Cross University are hosting this fascinating afternoon of discussions about Earth laws and regional community activism.
- 31 October, Brisbane – Food Justice Symposium - Bridging the divide between urban and rural food justice – AELA, ‘Bridging the Divide’ and the Griffith University EcoCentre are hosting this important event, which brings farmers, foodies and food movement activists together for critical discussions about the future of our food in Queensland.
- 6 November – Melbourne – Evening seminar – ‘Should rivers have legal rights?’ – more details soon
- 7 November – Melbourne – Exploring Ecospirituality – 1 Day Workshop - more details soon
- 8-9 November – Melbourne – Thomas Berry Colloquium, hosted by Earthsong. AELA is very excited about this event, which celebrates the life and work of Thomas Berry, whose work has inspired the global Earth jurisprudence movement. AELA’s National Convenor, Michelle Maloney, will be facilitating a discussion at this fantastic event.
- 12 November, Sydney – Wild Law Judgments Project Workshop, 10am to 1pm, University of New South Wales. This workshop is open to everyone interested in participating in the Wild Law Judgments writing project, and features opening remarks by the Honourable Justice Brian Preston SC, Chief Justice of the NSW Land and Environment Court.
- 20 – 24 November, Community and Nature’s Rights workshops and project meetings – Perth, Margaret River and other communities in Western Australia - More details soon.
- 22 November, Perth – “Exploring Ecospirituality” Workshop – Join us for this wonderful workshop, featuring local speakers from secular and multi-faith communities in Perth. The program and booking details will be available soon.
- 4th and 5th December, Brisbane – AELA will be co-hosting a Fair Food public lecture in Brisbane, and participating in a Fair Food Law Symposium. More details soon.
- AELA Christmas Party – Brisbane – details available soon