A full updated program of events will be available in early 2015.
For a list of all our past events, including copies of powerpoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events webpage by clicking here
EVENTS IN 2015
- 1 Day “Law and Governance Clinic” for Earth Friendly Organisations – Brisbane. More details soon.
- Ecospirituality workshops, as part of Harmony Week, Brisbane. More details soon
- Evening seminar - Climate change and the human spirit, Brisbane. This is part of our ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. In Brisbane, this series is being co-hosted with the Griffith University Centre for Interfaith & Cross Cultural Dialogue, Wise Earth Education and Earthlink. More details soon.
- Sharing Law and Sharing Economy Workshops, Sydney. Date and further details available soon
- Rights of Nature Tribunal – Regional Chamber, Far North Queensland. More details soon.
- “Exploring Ecospirituality” – 1 day workshop, Melbourne. More details will be available soon.
- Evening seminar – Deep Ecology, Brisbane. This is part of our ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. In Brisbane, this series is being co-hosted with the Griffith University Centre for Interfaith & Cross Cultural Dialogue, Wise Earth Education and Earthlink. More details soon.
- AELA’s AGM and Worker’s Retreat - Blue Mountains, NSW. We’re planning to hold our Annual General Meeting on a Friday in September, in the Blue Mountains, followed by a two day ‘workers retreat’ for members and volunteers. The retreat will be a lovely opportunity to catch up with other AELA members, get an update on national projects and work together to map out strategies for future activities. More details soon.
EVENTS IN 2016
- Plans are underway for AELA’s next major conference, which will be held in the first half of 2016. More details soon.
RECENT PAST EVENTS
- 12 November, Sydney – Wild Law Judgments Project Workshop, 10am to 1pm, University of New South Wales. This workshop is open to everyone interested in participating in the Wild Law Judgments writing project, and features opening remarks by the Honourable Justice Brian Preston SC, Chief Justice of the NSW Land and Environment Court.
- 20 – 24 November, Community and Nature’s Rights workshops and project meetings – Perth, Margaret River and other communities in Western Australia - More details soon.
- 22 November, Perth – “Exploring Ecospirituality” Workshop – Join us for this wonderful workshop, featuring local speakers from secular and multi-faith communities in Perth. The program and booking details will be available soon.
- 4th and 5th December, Brisbane – AELA will be co-hosting a Fair Food public lecture in Brisbane, and participating in a Fair Food Law Symposium. More details soon.
- 6th December, Brisbane – AELA Christmas Party. Everyone’s welcome to join us from 3pm to 6pm at Lock N Load Bistro, West End, for drinks, nibblies and a celebration of 2014. Please click here for more information
- 11th December, Brisbane - Journey of the Universe: Film Night and Discussion – Centre for Interfaith & Cultural Dialogue, Griffith University. Hosted as part of AELA’s ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. Please click here for more information, and to book your place.
- 13th December, Workshop Byron Bay – Asserting community and natures rights. For full details please click here.