For a list of all our past events, including copies of powerpoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events webpage by clicking here
EVENTS IN 2015
- Friday 19th June, Sydney – Earth Arts Meet Up – Evening social drinks and discussion. For details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 21 June, Blue Mountains NSW – Workshop – Asserting Community and Nature’s Rights. To find out more, email email@example.com
- Tuesday 23 June, Brisbane – Evening seminar – “Nurturing a Spiritual Approach to Climate Change”. This is seminar is part of our ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. In Brisbane, this series is being co-hosted with the Griffith University Centre for Interfaith & Cross Cultural Dialogue, Wise Earth Education and Earthlink. More details soon.
- Friday 26th June, 2015 , Brisbane – AELA’s 2nd Annual “Law and Governance Clinic for Earth Friendly Organisations”. A one day interactive workshop, which will include time for interested community organisations and social enterprises to connect with legal, governance and other support services in Brisbane and South East Queensland. For more information, please click here for the flyer, which includes the link to book your place.
- Friday 10th July, Bairnsdale, Victoria. Evening Seminar – “Exploring Earth Laws, Earth Democracy and the Rights of Nature”. More details soon.
- Saturday 11th July, Orbost, Victoria. 1 Day Workshop. “Exploring Earth Laws, Earth Democracy and the Rights of Nature”. More details soon.
- Thursday 23rd July, Sydney – Sharing Economy Workshop. This half day event will be hosted in partnership with the University of New South Wales. More details soon.
- Friday 24th July, Sydney – Sharing Law Roundtable. This half day event will be hosted in partnership with the University of New South Wales. More details soon.
- Monday 17th August, Melbourne – “Earth Arts Meet-Up”. Evening social drinks and discussion More details soon. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 18th August, Melbourne – “Exploring Ecospirituality” – Evening Seminar. This event is being co-hosted by Earth Song, The Centre for Theology and Ministry and other partners in Melbourne. More details will be available soon.
- Friday 28 August, Brisbane – 1 Day Workshop – “Let’s Talk About Consumption”
This is our first workshop in a national series of discussions and publications about how to live within our Ecological Limits. We’ll be joined by Professor Will Steffan from Australia’s Climate Council and Professor Brendan Mackey from the Griffith Climate Change Response Program, as well as many other great speakers and participants. Plans are also underway for workshops in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and other locations during late 2015 and 2016. For more information, please click here or email email@example.com
- AELA’s AGM and “Worker’s Retreat” – Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We’re planning to hold our Annual General Meeting on a Friday in late September, at a Sunshine Coast retreat, followed by a two day ‘workers retreat’ for members and volunteers. The retreat will be a lovely opportunity to catch up with other AELA members, get an update on national projects and work together to map out strategies for future activities. More details soon.
EVENTS IN 2016
- Plans are underway for AELA’s next major conference, scheduled for late 2016. For information about our previous conferences, please click here.
- AELA is also planning a study tour to New Zealand in 2016, to connect with Earth lawyers and learn about the innovative legal structures that are now in place for the Whanganui River, Urewera Forest and Waitangi River. More details soon.
RECENT PAST EVENTS
- 17 March, FREE Evening Seminar, Brisbane – ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ – part of Harmony Week celebrations in Brisbane. For more details, please click here for the flyer. To book your place, please visit our online Trybooking webpage by clicking here
- 12 November, Sydney – Wild Law Judgments Project Workshop, 10am to 1pm, University of New South Wales. This workshop is open to everyone interested in participating in the Wild Law Judgments writing project, and features opening remarks by the Honourable Justice Brian Preston SC, Chief Justice of the NSW Land and Environment Court.
- 20 – 24 November, Community and Nature’s Rights workshops and project meetings – Perth, Margaret River and other communities in Western Australia – More details soon.
- 22 November, Perth – “Exploring Ecospirituality” Workshop – Join us for this wonderful workshop, featuring local speakers from secular and multi-faith communities in Perth. The program and booking details will be available soon.
- 4th and 5th December, Brisbane – AELA will be co-hosting a Fair Food public lecture in Brisbane, and participating in a Fair Food Law Symposium. More details soon.
- 6th December, Brisbane – AELA Christmas Party. Everyone’s welcome to join us from 3pm to 6pm at Lock N Load Bistro, West End, for drinks, nibblies and a celebration of 2014. Please click here for more information
- 11th December, Brisbane – Journey of the Universe: Film Night and Discussion – Centre for Interfaith & Cultural Dialogue, Griffith University. Hosted as part of AELA’s ‘Exploring Ecospirituality’ series. Please click here for more information, and to book your place.
- 13th December, Workshop Byron Bay – Asserting community and natures rights. For full details please click here.