For a list of all our past events, including copies of powerpoint presentations and audio recordings, please go to our Past Events webpage by clicking here
EVENTS IN 2016
- 18 February, ‘Ownership Matters in the Sharing Economy’, Melbourne. AELA’s National Convenor, Dr Michelle Maloney is participating in a fascinating evening seminar as part of the Melbourne Sustainability Festival . For more information, please click here.
- 4 March, “Let’s Talk About Consumption” – 1 day workshop, Melbourne – Room 104, Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street. For information about this workshop, including the full program and how to book your place – please click here. For information about AELA’s national workshop and publication series please click here.
- 6th March, “Exploring Earth Laws, Earth Democracy and the Rights of Nature”, free workshop in Orbost, Victoria. For further information, including how to RSVP, please click here for the flyer.
- 20th May, “Exploring Earth Laws, Earth Democracy and the Rights of Nature” – free evening seminar in Toowoomba, Queensland (7pm to 8.30pm). For further information, please click here.
- 26th May, “Building the Sharing Economy in South Australia”, afternoon workshop in Adelaide. Please click here for a copy of the flyer and information about how to book your place.
- 27th May, “Let’s Talk About Consumption”, free 1 day workshop in Adelaide. Please click here for the program and information about how to book your place. For information about AELA’s national workshop and publication series please click here.
- 16-17 August, “Building the new economy: enterprise, activism and social change”, 2 day forum in Sydney. This conference is being co-hosted by the University of NSW. Please click here for more information.
- 25th August, “Caring for Country: Learning from First Nations people” – Evening seminar, Avid Reader, West End, Brisbane. Further details will be available soon. This evening seminar is a side event to the First Nations Traditional Knowledge Conference, being held in Brisbane from 23-26 August.
- September/October – RONA16. To celebrate AELA’s Rights of Nature Citizens Tribunal on 22 October (details below), we’re hosting a national arts fiesta called ‘RONA16’. Everyone’s welcome to get involved. For more information, please click here.
- 20-21 October, AELA Conference, Brisbane. “The Future of Environmental Law: politics, reform and community activism”. For information about our 2016 Conference, please click here. For information about our previous conferences, please click here.
- 22 October 2016. Rights of Nature Tribunal Australia, held in Brisbane. This one-day citizen’s tribunal will hear cases presented by citizens and Earth lawyers concerned about the destruction of ecosystems and the Earth community in Australia. Australia’s RON Tribunal is a Regional Chamber of the International Rights of Nature Tribunal. For more information, please click here.
EVENTS IN 2017
- AELA is will be hosting a conference about Earth Ethics and Ecospirituality in the first half of 2017. More details will be available soon.
- AELA is planning a study tour to New Zealand in 2017, to connect with Earth lawyers and learn about the innovative legal structures that are now in place for the Whanganui River, Urewera Forest and Waitangi River. More details soon.